Rural crafts skills - 2 workshops with Nancy Shafee
Spend a full day learning two rural craft skills with Nancy Shafee, experienced tutor and member of The International Feltmakers Association.
In the morning you will learn wet-felting. You will make flowers that can be turned into brooches, home decorations or seasonal ornaments.
In the afternoon, Nancy will teach you how to turn your cherished fabrics or outgrown clothing into a beautiful woodland 'memory basket'. She will also demonstrate how to enhance your piece by incorporating twigs and sticks found in the woods.
- For the morning session, Nancy suggests that you bring along an apron, towel and sharp embroidery scissors.
- For the afternoon, you will need strong needles as well as the materials you wish to incorporate into your basket along with matching or contrasting buttonhole thread or embroidery silk and strong (denim) needles.
- Fabric will be available on the day to purchase if needed.
- Throughout the day there will be coffee, tea and biscuits available but please bring along a packed lunch.
- All levels of experience are welcome.
The workshop costs £90.00 for SWT members and £95.00 for non-members
To receive a discounted rate on your adult learning courses you must first be a member of SWT. For more information about becoming a member please follow this link http://www.surreywildlifetrust.org/how-you-can-help/become-a-member
To book the workshop or to find out further information:
Surrey Wildlife Trust
Surrey Wildlife Trust Adult Learning, School Lane, Pirbright, Woking GU24 0JN
You can find information on wheelchair access and more on the Surrey Wildlife Trust website.