Workshop with Angel Lenman in collaboration with Surrey Wildlife Trust
- Date : Friday 6th October 2017 10am to 3pm
- Location : Nower Wood Educational Nature Reserve, Mill Way, Leatherhead KT22 8QA
About Angela's workshop
Batik is a form of wax resist whereby hot wax is applied to cloth, which is then covered with dye. The wax will resist the dye creating a simple pattern. By repeated application of wax, followed by repeated applications of dyes in various colours, an intricate pattern can be built up and developed into a desired decoration or even a picture. Angela suggests that some time is spent prior to the course forming ideas that can then be added to the natural vision of the day.
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants.
- The workshop will begin with a short walk in the woodlands surrounding the Nower Wood Educational Nature Reserve as inspiration for the batik, which will be on fabric.
- Following the walk Angela will introduce you to waxing and dyeing.
- All equipment will be provided, but participants may wish to bring some photographs or other source materials for inspiration.
- Drinks and biscuits will be provided.
- Participants should bring their own lunch.
- The workshop costs £70 for SWT members and £75 for non-members.
- Please see below for contact details and booking information.
Angela Lenman is a member of both the Batik Guild and Surrey Guild of Craftsmen. With over 20 years of experience tutoring her skills, she brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to her classes.
To book the workshop or find out further information:
Surrey Wildlife Trust
Surrey Wildlife Trust Adult Learning
Surrey GU24 0JN
You can find information on wheelchair access and more on the Surrey Wildlife Trust website.
If you would like to know more you are welcome to get in touch with Angela on:
07747 797 345